MY SHOP

Monday 22 April 2019

Easter Treats

In last week's blog I was eagerly looking forward to my weekend at the Stampin' Up! Onstage convention. After a 2 day hiccup due to ill health, I was so pleased I was finally able to travel down to Telford in time for the events on saturday and sunday ............and what a fabulous few days we had.
 Last time I showed you the bookmarks I had made to swap with some of the other demonstrators that were there. Today I'm going to show you the swaps I made for the sunday event. This event was specifically for our team, and my upline, Sam, organised it at a local hotel. It was so good to meet other team members who you chat with online at the virtual team meetings we have. It was such good fun.



These were relatively simple to make. The hardest thing was making sure that the chocolate eggs actually went in to the cellophane packaging  inside. I had to do my own "quality control" and, of course eat all the chipped shells and imperfect eggs. Yum yum

Now, I have to confess this box is not my own design. I saw it when browsing through the internet and so I have to give the lady who designed the actual shape of the box credit. I think her name is Darby from Rejoice and Create Crafts.  This is what I love about the Stampin' Up! community......you are encouraged to CASE (Copy and Share Everything). So this my take on Darby's Arch top box

To make this treat box you require a piece of cardstock 3" x 2 1/2", scored then folded at 1" on all sides.
You will see that once scored, there are 4 small squares in each corner of the cardstock. With the longer side facing you, cut the fold line at the 2 corners up to the 1st long fold line. Turn the card to opposite side and do the same.
Now you have 4 little flaps. Fold the shorter side up and glue the little flaps to the inside of the longer side and this should form a small box
Take a piece of 6 x6" DSP (Designer Series Paper) and put double sided sticky tape down  2 adjacent sides of the DSP.
Remove the backing tape and with the sticky tape at the bottom part only, start to roll DSP around the box until you reach the opposite side of DSP which has the sticky tape and seal . It is a neater finish if you start rolling from just over halfway along the long side of your box so that the seal ends up at the back of the box.
To form the arch at the top, I ran it through the Bigshot using the Stitched Oval framelit, but you could just draw an arch shape using a cup or saucer as a template and cut your shape with scissors if you don't have the framelits
To decorate the front I used whisper white cardstock and the Label me Pretty punch, then stamped my greeting with Hello Beautiful from the Butterfly Gala bundle. This was also the set I used to make the butterflies which were coloured using blender pens. I actually discovered that one of the framelits from the Needlepoint Element die set leaves a stitched shape on cardstock which is identical to the label me pretty punch, so I used that to create a stitched label but that isn't necessary. It just gave that little bit more detail.
I used a small circle punch to make the holes ( actually I regret using the scalloped punch and if doing this again would use plain circle).  I thought this made it easier to carry the finished box. I tied my bag of eggs with ribbon which I fed through the finger hole. Here's a tip......I used white ribbon and coloured it with blender pens to match the DSP.
As I previously said, I filled my box with mini chocolate eggs as it was the week before Easter, but it is a nice size for hand cream , shower gel etc

I do hope the instructions are clear enough and if you do try to make it, I'd love to know how you got on

Below, you will find the supplies used to make this project and if you would like to purchase any of these items or indeed any Stampin' Up! product then I'd love to be your demonstrator. You can head straight to my shop by clicking on any of the items below or use the My Shop tab at the top of my blog



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment